What Is Digital Dentistry?
Digital dentistry refers to the use of digital technology in dental diagnostics and procedures. Digital technology has replaced many traditional dental practices because of the various benefits it provides. It is also used in the process of creating dental prosthetics.
Benefits of Digital Dentistry
Digital dentistry offers a number of benefits:
- More accurate diagnostics. Digital imaging provides a much clearer picture of the hard and soft tissues of the mouth, allowing dentists to diagnose and treat various conditions much more effectively.
- Safer X-rays. Digital X-rays use less than half the radiation that is used for traditional film X-rays, making them safer for patients.
- Precise creation of dental prosthetics. Digital imaging is used to take impressions of the teeth and create dental prosthetics that fit better and look more natural.
- Improved patient education. Digital tools allow dentists to show patients images of their own teeth and more effectively explain the dental care they will receive and why.
- Better patient experience. Digital dentistry improves the overall patient experience in a variety of ways from increasing comfort to reducing time spent in the dental chair.
- Digital images can be stored securely. Digital images are computer based, meaning they can exist in digital form through a computer rather than physical paperwork that must be filed. Digital files can be stored more securely than physical copies.
We offer the following digital dentistry services:
- Digital Smile Design. When you want or need improvements to your smile, our digital smile design software can create a plan to help you achieve your smile goals. You’ll be able to see before and after images of how your smile will look before undergoing treatment.
- Crowns. Digital crown design creates crowns that fit accurately and look natural with fewer adjustments.
- Partial Dentures. Partial dentures can be created with the help of digital imaging and technology that fit well and look natural. These can be completed in as little as 2-3 appointments
- Dentures: Dentures can be created via scanning the denture sometimes inside or outside of the mouth. We also have the capability of making immediate dentures with our scanning technology for patients with teeth transitioning to dentures.
- Retainers. We can create retainers using digital technology that may be used for a variety of purposes from orthodontics to space maintainers.
- Sleep and TMJ Devices: Via scans of your teeth and specific bites, we can fabricate sleep and TMJ devices unique to you.
- Invisalign or Clear Aligners: Gone is the necessity of materials in your mouth to fabricate aligners. With a series of scans, photos, and collaboration with an orthodontic team, we can fabricate the appropriate aligner trays for you.
- Implant restorations: Once ready to restore your implant or implants, we scan for the ideal fit of the implant to the crown.
Why Choose Wahpeton Family Dentistry?
At Wahpeton Family Dentistry, we understand that your smile is important to your self confidence. While our primary goal is to help you have healthy teeth, we also want your teeth to look healthy if that is important to you. We can help you improve your smile and feel better about yourself at the same time. Our cosmetic dentistry services are available to patients of all ages.