What is Dental Implant Placement and Restoration?
Dental implant restoration is the process of replacing one or more teeth with dental implants. When teeth are missing, severely decayed, or damaged, dental implants provide a prosthetic option that looks and functions like a natural tooth.
A dental implant is a titanium post that resembles a screw with threads to help it fuse with the bone. It is surgically placed in the jaw where it bonds with the bone tissue. A dental implant acts as an artificial tooth root to support a crown. Our 3D CBCT machine allows us to diagnose and treat dental implant cases to the highest standard of care, even complex conditions.
Benefits of Dental Implant Placement and Restoration
- Natural function. A dental implant functions as closely as possible to a natural healthy tooth, withstanding the same bite and chewing strength.
- Improved smile. Dental implant restoration can transform your smile, giving you a natural look you can feel confident about.
- Prevent bone loss. Dental implants prevent bone loss in the jaw that would otherwise occur in the absence of teeth, helping you maintain your natural facial structure.
- Secure prosthetics. Implant supported dentures won’t slip out of place when eating or talking the way traditional dentures can. Implant supported bridges stay securely in place and won’t damage your healthy teeth.
- Lasts a lifetime. Dental implants can last for 30 years or more. In most cases they will last for the rest of your life.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you need to replace anywhere from one to all of your teeth, dental implant restoration may be the right treatment option for you. Teeth that are severely decayed or damaged and need to be extracted can be replaced with natural looking prosthetics supported by dental implants.
If you have one or more teeth that have been missing for a while, the bone that supported those teeth may have deteriorated over time. You may not be a candidate for dental implants if the bone is not thick enough for the implant to be placed. However, with some preparation such as bone grafting, dental implant restoration may still be an option for you.
Why Choose Wahpeton Family Dentistry?
The success of your dental implant depends in large part on your dentist. Dr. Haley has the experience and technology necessary to place your dental implants with precision and accuracy. We provide a comfortable environment where you can relax and know that your dental health is in capable hands. Our goal is to provide the treatment necessary to help you achieve a healthy, natural looking smile you can feel confident about.